Japanese Through manga Yotsubato epi.1

Japanese blog
3

Learning Japanese Through Manga epi.1

-beginner-intermediate 
yotsubato




1.おー
Reading
Oo 
Meaning 
Oooh  (exclamation)
2.もうすぐだぞー
Reading
mou sugu da zo 
Meaning 
Mou  (already) sugu  (soon) da  (informal of desu [to be]) *zo

1.よつば
reading
yotsuba
meaning
-name of the girl
2.おーつ
reading
oo
meaning
ooh (exclamation)


1.すげえ
Reading 
sugee 
Meaning 
Amazing 

2.とーちゃん
Reading
Touchan 
Meaning 
Father ( slang originally otosan)

3.ここ家がいっぱいあるな
Reading
koko ie ga ippai aru na
Meaning
koko (here) ie (house) *ga ( identifying particle) ippai 
( a lot of) aru (exist) na ( indicate emotion or emphasis ) 

4.そーだろー
Reading
soudarou
Meaning
that's right

5. お店もあるぞ
Reading
o mise mo  aru zo
Meaning
o ( honorable) mise ( shop) *mo ( particle means too)
aru ( exist) *zo 

6.お店もか
Reading
O mise mo ka
Meaning
O ( honorable) mise ( shop ) * mo (particle means too)
*ka

********particles*****


* ga 
indicates sentence subject (occasionally object)
or called identifier particle that identifiy someone or something in the sentence

*mo 
also; too

*zo
(sentence end) adds force; indicates command

*ka
indicates question (sentence end)|indicates choice, doubt, etc.

Post a Comment

3 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
  1. good stuff. made my life easy! I trying to learn from this manga and stumbled upon this page. Thanks!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I just discovered this website I am studying japanese through manga as well, I am reading one piece as I like one piece, I used to try and read yotsubato but I found it hard as the child is six so her japanese is not correct she shortens words and changes some so for me it was hard to understand,I find it hard to understand manga as if you translate a word at a time you get a certain meaning but in a sentence the meanings change, I find the hardest part about reading manga is not knowing when the word is over, I sit around with my dictionary notepad and pen and write down vocab that appears more then once, I like how you break the words down here, on the manga I might have to get my copy of yatsubato out and follow along.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment